Liberty Alliance Project - Digital Identity Defined: "usinesses and consumers want benefits of being connected anytime, anyplace - without compromising security or control of personal information. The Liberty Alliance provides the technology, knowledge and certifications to build identity into the foundation of mobile and web-based communications and transactions.
Liberty is the only open body working to address the technical, business, and policy challenges surrounding identity and web services. Its output includes:
* Open technology specifications
* Business guidelines documents
* Privacy controls built into the specifications
* Privacy & security best practices
* Enabled compliance with global privacy legislation and industry regulations (i.e. Article 29, HIPAA)
* Liberty Interoperable Certifications that validate implementations and drive adoption
Liberty’s specifications for Federated Identity and Web Services are available for public download::
* Enables interoperability between business partners
* Future-proof: built on open protocols, driving convergence
* Market's only conformance program with over 20 certified Liberty-interoperable products
* Device and platform agnostic"